How can I enable billing for locum payments?
1 year ago - Edited
On the BookAMed platform, you have the option to have BookAMed send payments to locums after they have completed work and you have approved their timesheet/s. These payments will be processed using a third-party payment gateway. You also have the option to pay locums directly yourself, without BookAMed being involved.
Note: The option to enable billing for locum payments is available only to UK based organisations who hire locums for work in the UK. The paying party is you(the organisation), the receiving party is the locum/professional, and the enabler is BookAMed.
To enable billing for locum payments;
1. Login to www.bookamed.com and head to More —> Settings → Invoicing.
2. Here you will be able to update your billing settings. Click edit to allow changes to be made.
You will need to provide the following information
- Select yes/no if you intend to pay locums as a group or as an individual organisation – This is applicable for when you are part of a network of organisations who may operate under a head office or headquarters where all of the billing takes place. (Please note only the head office account can enable group payments).
- Invoicing frequency – Will locums be paid weekly, monthly etc.
- VAT number– This is required if you want locum billing to incorporate VAT tax.
- Locum payment – Do you want BookAMed to pay the locum through the application and then invoice you the cost of this, or would you prefer to pay the locum directly using your own form of payment?
Once you have made your changes, you can preview them. If you are happy with your changes, click save. The application will notify you that your locum billing preferences have been updated.